Hutt Valley Workplace Wellbeing Special Interest Group
Healthy Families Lower Hutt and the Hutt Valley Branch of HRINZ have joined forces to establish a Hutt Valley Workplace Wellbeing Special Interest Group (SIG), launched on 14 April 2016 by Lower Hutt Mayor Ray Wallace.
What’s the group about?
The aim of the SIG is to support and promote wellbeing in Hutt Valley workplaces.
We feel this group is particularly timely considering the strong emphasis on wellbeing in the updated Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
Why the focus on wellbeing?
Good health equals good business. Here are some of the (many) benefits of a healthy workforce:
- Increased productivity
- Reduced stress levels
- More job satisfaction
- Less sickness and time off work
- Increased presenteeism (mind on the job, quality)
- Healthy and alert workers with less risk of hazards
- Staff retention
- Enhanced corporate image.
What will the SIG do?
- Provide seminars and workshops
- Link workplaces to available resources, services, support and programmes
- Facilitate joint projects
- Highlight success stories and best practice examples
- Establish a ‘Wellbeing Champions’ group that wants to meet regularly for exchanges of ideas and mutual support.
SIG activities and events will be planned and coordinated by a committee that includes representation from Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce, Hutt Valley Employers Health and Safety Forum and local workplaces.
How can you get involved?
Want to be a part of this group? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. You do not need to be a HRINZ member to be part of the SIG.
To sign up to upcoming events, head to the HRINZ website. If it's your first time attending a HRINZ event, you will need to set up a profile ID on the website. This only takes a few minutes.